- About SilkPeel Microdermabrasion
- What can I expect
- Safety / Side effects
- Before treatment instructions
- After treatment instructions
SilkPeel Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation procedure for the body. It provides simultaneous exfoliation, evacuation and the delivery of skin specific infusion solutions under pressure to treat a range of skin types and conditions, including acne scars. Unlike traditional technologies that rely on messy crystals or other irritating particles, SilkPeel Microdermabrasion uses a diamond tip hand piece for uniform and precise exfoliation while delivering high performing topical solutions to the immediate abraded skin for optimal results.
- Softens mild acne scarring
- Exfoliates and treats the skin simultaneously
- Instantly smoothes, refines skin texture and restores a healthy glow
- Reduces fine lines, large pores and uneven skin tone
- Works great on every skin type and anywhere on the body
- Non-invasive with no downtime
- Safe, effective and comfortable
Prior to treatment, a skin consultation and evaluation is performed to address the patients' concern and desired results. A treatment plan is discussed along with proper home care product recommendations. Appropriate diamond grits, settings and infusion solutions are chosen for the targeted results.
Treatment begins with thorough cleansing of the skin in preparation for the silk peel dermalinfusion. Strokes are applied with the diamond tip hand piece in a slow, controlled manner following the natural pattern of the lymph system. A warm steam follows, allowing for gentle extractions and purification. The skin is then left moisturized and protected, completing the procedure.
SilkPeel Micodermabrasion is a non-invasive, safe, comfortable and customizable treatment. However there are some contraindications that apply that would restrict treatment. These include:
- Certain medical conditions such as Diabetes, Immune System Disorders and poor circulation which can result in poor healing and increased injury
- Active acne
- Herpes outbreaks and warts
- Sun burned, irritated and open skin wounds
- Certain medications such as Accutane® require a period of six months after usage to repair itself
- Renova/Retin A/Retinoids use should be discontinued 72 hours before and after treatment
Avoid these products one week prior to treatment:
- Depilatory Creams
- Laser Hair Removal
- Patients who have had BOTOX® injections should wait until full effect of their treatment is seen before receiving a SilkPeel
Avoid these products 24-48 hours prior to treatment:
- Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac
- Any products containing retinol, alpha -hydroxy acid (AHA) or beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), or benzoyl peroxide
- Any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating
- Patients who have had medical cosmetic facial treatments or procedures (e.g. laser therapy, surgical procedures, cosmetic filler, microdermabrasion, etc) should wait until skin sensitivity completely resolves before receiving a Peel
Note: The use of these products/treatments prior to your peel may increase skin sensitivity and cause a stronger reaction.
There is no downtime after your treatment. You may return to work or your daily chores right away, as well as apply makeup. At times, the treatment may leave your skin with a red flush, be itchy and/or irritated but this is normal and should subside in one to two days. This is due to the vacuum pressure which stimulates the blood flow to the area.
Clean and moisturize your skin as normal and avoid the use of retinoids for 72 hours after treatment. It's also best to avoid direct sunlight for 5-7 days after treatment, as the skin is more susceptible to UVA damage.