Your skin is a living organ made up of millions of cells arranged in layers. Everyday, thousands of skin cells are shed from the surface and are replaced by new cells from below. As we age, this skin renewal process becomes slower and more haphazard, causing dead skin cells to accumulate on the surface and unable to shed efficiently. This results in a dull and lifeless complexion. The purpose of a chemical peel is to create controlled shedding of several layers of damaged cells in an even, precise manner for optimum results. This exposes a new fresh layer of skin with a renewed smoother texture and even color. In addition, the peel stimulates new cells to grow, thereby giving a fresh glow and appearance to the skin.
Our aesthetician uses a variety of effective, safe and naturally-derived peeling substances to treat the skin, depending on the needs of each patient.
Indications for Chemical Peels:
- Dull, weathered skin
- Blotchy hyperpigmentation (including the "mask of pregnancy")
- Sun damage (including precancerous lesions)
- Fine wrinkles
- Shallow acne scars
We offer many effective chemical peels at The Menkes Clinic. Each of the following chemical peels improves skin texture, color and helps to diminish acne pimples. They can be applied to the face, hands, chest and back. Peels can be done alone or purchased in a series of 4 to 6 treatments performed every two to six weeks. Combining peels with therapeutic facials is also beneficial for many patients. Depending on your individual skin type and specific skin problems, our aesthetician will design a customized program just for you.
- Vivite Peel - for photodamage, aging skin
- Glycolic and Lactic gel peel - for photodamage, rough texture, dry and aging skin
- Salicylic and Mandelic peel - for photodamage, hyperpigmentation, acne-prone skin
- Micropeel Sensitive Skin Solution - for photodamage and sensitive skin
- Micropeel Plus Solution (salicylic and glycolic) - for acne-prone skin blotchiness and uneven skin tone and texture
- Micropeel Solution (glycolic) - for photodamage and aging skin
- Pigment Balancing Masque - for hyperpimentation associated with melasma, photodamage, age spots & acne related discolorations
- Alpha/Beta Facial Treatment - Combines alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids for deep exfoliation. This treatment includes steam, extractions and a Vitamin C Masque to restore healthy glow to sallow skin